Valar morghulis. All men must die.
This theme and these words come up over and over again in the Song of Ice and Fire books, the series that includes Game of Thrones and its sequels. As those who watch the show and read the books know, in George R. R. Martin’s world, a lot of men must die.
Tonight is the final episode of the third season of the show. Last week was a doozie. I can’t wait to see the books come to life again tonight.
For this embroidery, I embroidered on my hoop as usual. And then I sewed it onto some felt that I had on hand. I might add some string or ribbon to hang it up, or I might leave it as it is.
Usually each Sunday I post an embroidery from the project I am working on to sew some of my favorite quotes from books. Let me know if you have any quote suggestions! You can see the other quotes in my embroidery project here:
- favorite quote embroidery project
- mischief managed (aka embroidery no. 2)
- there are other worlds than these (embroidery no. 3)
- if you love me (embroidery no. 4)
- gibberish (embroidery no. 5)
- embroidery display
- oodles of charm (embroidery no. 6)
- see synonyms at monster (embroidery no. 7)
- everyone was going (embroidery no. 8)
- i carry your heart with me (embroidery no. 9 and happy mother’s day)
- chapter 19 (embroidery no. 10)